The Label Checker from Sick
Complex label Inspections with high performance OCR
Label Checker from SICK is an all-in-one solution for various label-checking applications with OCR, OCV, 1D & 2D codes and print quality control. The reader is the ideal solution for reading and comparing plain text in packaging applications. It reads batch numbers and best before dates on food and pharmaceutical packaging.
- OCR, 1D, and 2D codes: reading, recognition, validation, verification
- Additional inspections: pattern matching, edge-to-edge measurement, pixel counter, blob inspection, shape locator, print quality check
- Easy teach-in of custom font
- Flexible range of C-mount lens and integrated illumination
- Web-based user interface
What is the Label Checker?
Label Checker is a multifunctional and easy-to-set compact quality control system designed for various label inspections, with primary focus on optical character recognition (OCR). The system improves productivity by performing multiple inspections at the same time and guarantees high quality output. It is not limited to reading and verifying printed texts, barcodes and 2D codes. It also checks the correct label position, presence of pictograms, and print quality.
Why the Label Checker?
- Checks presence of logos and graphics
- Reads and verifies 1D and 2D Codes
- Measures Position of the Label
- Measures Dimensions
- Checks Numeric Sequence
- Read Characters and Verifies Correctness
- Checks Print Quality
- Checks Printed Pattern
- Software Customization Possibilities
Play the Label Checker Video
Field of Applications:
- Primary and secondary packaging monitoring in the packaging industry
- Pharma and cosmetics industry production lines
- Packaging and shipping lines in the consumer goods industry
- Post-printing and packaging for food and beverages
- Direct part marking (DPM) in the solar and electronics industry
- Production lines in the automotive industry
Have a question?
Start a conversation with one of our Engineers today.